Tuesday 18 August 2009

‘Iroand buba made me a laughing stock in school’


Christiana Oluwaseun Cole, Born April 2, 1986, had her primary and secondary school education in Lagos before moving to The Polytechnic, Ibadan, for an OND in mass communication. The Lagos Island indigene of Lagos State who is currently a final year HND student of the Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta, is a debut presenter with101.9 FM. She tells DAMILOLA ADEKOYA what fashion means to her.

Definition of fashion
It is anything that makes one comfortable and presentable.

Style of dress

Casuals; trousers and blouses with flat shoes.

Most favourite piece of clothing

My bracelets.

Uniqueness of style

It is determined by my thought line rather than what I am wearing.

Describe yourself in three words

I’m highly sensitive, composed and friendly.

What can you not be caught wearing?

Anything with purple colour because it looks horrible to me.

Anchoring and you

It was a dream I nursed right from my childhood though I wasn’t a TV freak. But the dream soon materialised with my voice, which gave me the leverage to venture into the media, presenting programmes.

If you were given the chance to change something in Nigeria what would it be?

Maybe people’s mindset, if it’s possible, because I do not see Nigeria as a country that has a problem.

Turn on

I like being straightforward.

Turn off

Lies and when I discover that someone is trying to take undue advantage of me.

Favourite colour(s)

The colours I put on depend on my mood. Though I have more of white than any other colour because I find it very comfortable to wear white.

Most embarrassing moment(s)

That was about five years ago, when I wore iro ati buba to school. I was embarrassed because I found it very difficult to walk properly.

Happiest moment(s)

It was the day The Polytechnic, Ibadan, organised an award day for me, for representing the school twice in a speech competition and coming out first on the two occasions.

Favourite designer(s)

I wear anything as long as I like it.

Favourite body product(s)

I equally wear anything, sometimes I even go off cream and at times I use shear butter.

Inspirations

I get inspired from the things I see on the road.

Most cherished possession

My voice.

Most expensive item

My Laptop.

Philosophy of life

Whatever you lay your hands to do, do it with all your might, because one day, it will turn out to be a blessing for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment