Saturday 22 August 2009

Stingomania plans S-360 Project


Stingomania Records, a new recording label in the country, is ready to light up the scene with thelaunch of a super collabo album, S-360 Project, featuring 18 tracks with hit tracks from six of the artistes’ label. The artistes include Big Brother Nigeria’s Aydu Amah, Trybson, Naturah, Eniola Joseph, Eazy Lizy, and winner of AMBO reality show, Bhaira Mcwizu.
While Aydu will be making his entrance into the scene with Iworiwo, Ishi Monkey and 10 Thousand Apologies, Tryb-Son, the rave-making exponent of the highly energetic and entertaining Fuji-Hop music genre, will be thrilling fans with Ko Ye Mi, U Gat It, And Gbe Sun Mobi (Bring it closer). To further relish the S-360 Project, Naturah would be contributing three tracks, Shakara, Super Star Tripz and Ori (Destiny).
Bhaira Mcwizu and Eazy Lizy are also on the list. While Eazy Lizy will be contributing Show Your Logo, O’shomo and Show Me, Bhaira’s Sexilicious and two other tracks will make it into the album. The US-based Eniola Joseph is alsopart of the work with tracks such as Back It Up and Dance With Me.

MEANWHILE the label has already shot five videos of some of the tracks and hope to have a total of seven videos by the time it hits music shelves.
According to asatement from the company, the album launchwil be done simultaneously with the formal launching of Stingomania Records. The double launching is expected to attract big players in the industry as well as artistes from other labels on October 10, at a yet to be disclosed location in Victoria Island, Lagos.






Spyderman re-brands

Formerly known to go about with bandanna tied round his head, Omin Nyong popularly known as Spydaman has carved out a new identity for himself, promising a bumper package for his fans. “This is a new era and a new me. It’s not like my style of music has changed, the simple fact is just that I have upgraded myself. The responses I have gotten from some of my fans have been overwhelming and I must say that the rebranding does not stop in my style of clothes or what the people see on the outside. It is an overhauling that is taking place right from the inside” The Cross River State indigene, who recently released his new album, No Bi Dream, informs that making the album was as tasking as it was demanding. “I went through a lot to get this album to what we have now. Aside from the challenges of trying to make sure that I do better than I did in my last album, putting the whole songs together even though music and lyrics come to me naturally, I went through a lot. I had an accident and was off for a while. It was a harrowing experience that I really don’t want to think about or imagine anymore. The most important thing about the album I’m launching is really ‘no dream.” On the reason for the new identity, the artiste says, “everything is reality now; everything is life and direct, you know. I’m re-branding, I’m taking music and culture together to make sure that at the end of the day, people could actually identify Nigerian music internationally. I wanted an identity that will represent my heritage.” One of the songs in the new work, Tido, is dedicated to his state. “Cross River is into a lot of things that has to do with entertainment and I must say that I commend the effort of the state government in keeping the dream alive even after the tenure of the former government that made the initial move. Tido was done basically to give back to a society that contributed to what I’m today.” THE new 14-track work parades notable artistes such as Pasuma, Lord of Ajasa, Sound Sultan, Nigga Raw, Timaya, W4, M.I and others. A managing director and principal partner of his music label, South-Side Golden Entertainment, Spyderman believes the label is the next best thing to happen to the country’s music industry. “It is a total outfit that is not just about music but so much more. My recent album was released on the label and what I can say for now is that we are in the process of redefining entertainment and everything that has to do with it. We are trying to put together a state of the art one-stop-shop company that will provide more than we have presently with most entertainment outfits.” Married with a child, Nyong says, “my wife is my second biggest backbone after the almighty God. Her support, criticism and love have seen me through the darkest hours of my life. With her and my baby around me, I guess life can’t be better.”

No comments:

Post a Comment