Monday 10 August 2009

Just anything smart

CELEB
Recently, Odunlade Adekola emerged as the best Yoruba male actor in the City People Awards held in Abeokuta. Adekola, who says that the winning factors for him are his commitment, hardwork and dedication to his creativity, hails from Otun, Ekiti State. Born on December 31, in the late 70s, he attended St John’s Primary School, Abeokuta. For his secondary education, he was at St. Peter’s College, Olomore, Abeokuta. He later went to Ogun State Polytechnic, now called Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta, where he did a year programme in Art. He has featured and played leading roles in so many movies such as Ila owo, Aje meta, Asiri gomina wa, Fara pa mo, among others. He tells DAMILOLA ADEKOYA what fashion means to him.

Definition of fashion
For me, it is all about packaging: adorning yourself with something nice.

Acting and you

I started about 13 years ago in the church. That was the place I discovered that I had a talent, which I wasn’t maximising its potentials. I went into it because of the flair I had for it. My delving into it has really added a whole lot to me because that is what I’m known for today.

Family background

I’m the second in the family.

Style of dressing
I love anything smart; buba and sokoto or a pair of smart jeans on a fitted shirt.

Turn on
When I’m around my people; family friends and colleagues.

Turn off
Anything that is not done properly.

Happiest moment(s)
The day I had my son.

Most Embarrassing moment(s)
I can’t remember.

Most expensive item
I do not have anything specific one.

Favourite food
I love any Yoruba delicacy, anything apart from that, count me out!

Describe yourself in three words
Cool, disciplined, and friendly

What will you not be caught dead wearing?
A brassier.

If you were given an opportunity to change something in Nigeria, what would it be?
I will like to change the face of Nigeria movie. We are still lagging behind in certain areas and I want to change this.

Favourite colour (s)
I love purple because I just feel it suits me.

Most cherished possession
Acting

Philosophy of life
I believe in time so much, which is why I can conclude that life is time.



3 comments:

  1. you are my favorite artist please keep up the good acting style. you simply the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the best bro, Keep it.. "Egba for life" "Egba meji ki jarawon ni yon - BAAWAA"

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are my no 1 artist...almost everything you do, i like...keep it up...ekiti a gbe wa o....

    ReplyDelete