Tuesday 8 September 2009

Colour me pink… and cool’



Rufai Modinat Abolore is Miss Ogun State. Born on April 21, 1987, the Ijebu-Ode native attended Mary Claire Nursery and Primary School, Agege, Lagos. Her secondary education was at Folatek Model High School, Ipaja, Lagos. The 400 level student of Industrial and Labour Relations at the Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, who is a model, tells DAMILOLA ADEKOYA what she feels about fashion.


Family background
I’m from a polygamous home; the fourth of my dad’s children, though the last from my mum.
Definition of fashion
It is something that defines us in our day-to-day activities. It is anything that we put on, to make us look good. It is style.
Style of dressing
My style of dressing is very unique and simple. Most of the times, I’m always on jeans.
Favourite piece of clothing
I do not have a favourite piece of clothing. I just know that I have to look real good and be myself; that’s all!
Favourite body products
I love Neutrogena; and at times, I use Mary Kay.
Favourite colour
I love pink because I always look cool and good in it.
Most cherished possession
I cherish my life so much because I came to this world to accomplish a mission and it must be accomplished.
Most expensive item
It’s my education, right now. I can give everything I have, but for my education, no way!
Turn on
I love honest, reliable and hardworking people.
Turn off
I hate deceit; it really turns me off.
Happiest moment(s)
It was the day I gained admission to a higher institution in the country; it was a favour. The day I was also crowned Miss Ogun State is also one of my happiest moments.
Most embarrassing moment
I do not have any.
Favourite food
I love plantain, rice and fish.
Describe yourself in three words
I’m simple, willing to learn and very creative.
Inspirations
In everything I do, God has really been my inspiration. No other person, not even my parents.
As an ambassador of Ogun State, what are your projects and which ones have you accomplished?
I actually have a lot of plans to carry out, but due to some constraints such as getting responses from sponsors, it’s been very challenging meeting up with some. However, on my part, I have been able to reach out to the needy; assisting the less privileged and the physically challenged, I give out foodstuffs. I also want to do something on poverty alleviation. It’s a big project kind of, which will involve giving out free books on poverty, prostitution, cultism, rape, destitution and all social vices that really affect our society as a whole.
If you were given an opportunity to change something in Nigeria, what would it be?
I’m concerned about issues concerning leadership. I will really change the way we are ruled and governed. I will also look into the nature of politics because in this country, it’s really terrible!
Philosophy of life
Life is full of ups and downs; make hay while the sun shines; make use of it wisely, because it’s not forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment