Saturday 19 September 2009

‘It’s as simple as jeans n’tee… oh, yeah, sneakers’


Adedayo Elusakin, darling of the listeners of Unilag 103.1fm, hails from Ife South, Osun State. Born February 16, 1983, the radio presenter, who is known as Dee-Shark in the mornings and afternoons and Dy, when on night shift, attended Nigerian Airport Authority Staff School, now Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) Staff School. He then moved to Federal Government College, Ogbomosho, for his secondary education, before attending the University of Lagos, to study Educational Administration. Dayo, who is in his final year, is also a writer, who sometimes writes for major newspaper anchors the Morning train programme of the station. He tells DAMILOLA ADEKOYA what fashion means to him.

Definition of fashion: To me, it is what a person interprets it to be. Generally, it implies what people can see as regards adornment on a person. It is what you put on.
Style of dressing: It has to be comfortable. Usually, my idea of dressing is a tee shirt, a pair of jeans and sneakers. Uniqueness of style: Apart from the fact that I am someone, soft-spoken and reserved, my friends always say that I have this calmness around me that makes me look high. Favourite piece of clothing: That’s my Adidas-made watch. Favourite colour: It’s blue because I just think it’s a natural and suiting colour for guys. Favourite designer: It could be local or international, as long as it looks good, but very importantly, if comfortable, then I will go for any of it. Favourite food: I don’t have one because I don’t eat that much. Most cherished possession: I don’t really have a most cherished possession because of the implication of that. A friend of mine once told me that what you can’t give out, then you don’t own it. Anything I can’t give away, then, I don’t want to own it. Turn on: I like ideal people actually, but I might not always find ideal people, so, I could go along with polite people. Turn off: Insensitivity. I do not like insensitive acts. When you don’t give much concern about the effects of your actions on other people, it turns me off. Happiest moment: I think it was the day I found out that I was going to be on radio because for me, it has been a long time dream. Most embarrassing moment: I don’t think I can remember. I’m not very central and I don’t venture much. Before I could venture, I think and analyze, so, if I think it’s going to be a problem and it would not work out, then, I don’t venture into it. Describe yourself in three words It’s the word ‘I am different’. When I’m on radio, I always say something that ‘when you’re different, you’re different and let no man turn you otherwise’. I find out that the problem with people is conformity, trying to conform to a standard, people expect you to act in a particular way and you find yourself gradually conforming to be like that. This is not about neglecting sensitivity, just be yourself. When I say I am different, it means I acknowledge my uniqueness, I appreciate it and I’m in love with myself for who and what I am regardless of what anybody says. How do you combine working and schooling?
It has always been a matter of priority. Academic is awesome; it’s a good thing to go to school and get a good degree, but I have a passion and projection towards my future and broadcasting is a major component in my future. It’s not a problem for me to combine both.
Philosophy of life: I don’t really have written constitution as regards my life but there are things that I could regard as unwritten constitution and one of them is which I have said earlier ‘When you’re different you’re different’ and another thing I believe in is that things are not always the way they seem. If you were given an opportunity to change something in Nigeria, what would it be?
I think I will change the way politics is being run here. All this rests on government because if it ensures that the right people get to power, then things will change for the better.

1 comment:

  1. UPDATE YOUR STATUS THIS 2020!!!
    HOOKUP WITH THE BEST DATING AGENCY ORGANIZATION,THE BEST CERTIFIED RELIABLE AGENCY COMPANY IN 2019/2020 CONTACT US ON WHATSAPP OR CALL@
    (+2349065503410)
    Are you good in Bed? Do you really need a hookup with rich sexy Sugarmummy ,Daddy ,Lesbian or Gay that can change your life completely with money and influence, hurry now And go get the opportunity to meet sugarmummies and sugardaddies from all works of life, politicians, Bankers, Oil ladies, Directors, Gold dealers, Cash money ladies, Doctors, London Based willing to pay as much as (N150k ) Naira per Night and get the best exclusive VIP arrangement anywhere in the World......
    LAGOS, ABUJA, CALABAR, DELTA, ANAMBRA, PORT, IBADAN, RIVER, JOS, BENIN, ONDO, Benin Republic, Ghana, South Africa, UK, U.S.A, Dubai, Paris, Germany and some other countries, we have some rich sugarmummies and sugardaddies who are urgently looking for youngmen and youngladies to spend their Money on.
    DO NOT BE TOLD..... EXPERIENCE IT YOURSELF MY PEOPLE!!
    Contact our Administrative officer mrs Becky on (09065503410 )
    MOTTO:BIG STEPPERS!!
    #NEW YEAR ,NEW VIBES!!!!!

    ReplyDelete