Saturday 9 January 2010

2010... the ‘no-no’ wears

WHEN it comes to fashion and trends, we all want the same thing: to look great! Unfortunately, there are some fashion errors that we might not be aware of, but that we sometime practise. These fashion faux pas are visible, and can completely ruin a perfectly good outfit. Here are some mistakes that women often make.

Wearing oversized clothing
Now there is the wrong oversized clothing and the right over-sized clothing. The right over-sized clothing is some of this spring’s top trends such as the bubble skirt, which looks fabulous, paired with a tighter fitting top and a high waist belt. Wrong over-sized clothing is just plain wrong: huge knee-reaching t-shirts, baggy pants, you get the point. Make sure you buy clothes that fit you properly.

Wearing red and green at the same time
Honestly, you will look like a Christmas tree. Red and green are two of the colours that you absolutely must avoid wearing together. These colors completely clash, so just stay clear. Also, it’s best to stay away from green and red makeup. If you decide to go for a green eye shadow, don’t put on a bright red lipstick. Instead, opt for a clear gloss or a nude colour.

Dirty shoes
It would be bad enough if you had shoes that were out of style, or didn’t match with your outfit, but if you have dirty shoes, you’re making a big fashion faux pas. Make sure to keep your shoes in style, according to your outfit, and most importantly, clean!

Short skirt and short top
If you’re going to wear a miniskirt, don’t wear a short top with it! It is one of the worst fashion mistakes you could make because you’ll end up looking trashy. Instead, wear a miniskirt and pair it with a tee that reaches your hipbones. Play it up with a wide belt. If you’re into short tops, just wear jeans and steer away from short skirts.

Bulky shoes with feminine dress
Whenever I see this, I always have to ask myself: “what was she thinking?” A floral, feminine dress should never be paired with bulky shoes such as thick platforms. This kind of dress deserves a pair of soft, delicate shoes. Anything with a small heel, and even wedges and espadrilles.

Too much jewelry
A pair of embellished earrings; a funky necklace; some bangles; a few rings; maybe a brooch. That is way too much jewelry for you, and for your outfit. So if you don’t want to look like an ornament, keep it simple! A thin, fine necklace and a pair of earrings is enough. Or if you decide for a pair of big, adorned earrings, keep it simple by wearing a few rings or a bracelet or two with that, but stay away from the necklace. Just know your limits.

Wearing fashion that doesn’t suit you
If miniskirts are in, and you don’t have the greatest legs, that’s fine! You don’t have to abide by each and every single fashion trend that comes out. If something that suit your body type, it’s better to stay away from it. After all, most of us aren’t models and a lot of the fashion trends that spring up don’t suit everybody, so be careful what you choose.

More than one pattern
If you have flowers on your shirt, don’t wear plaid pants, or the other way around. Try to stick with one pattern in your outfit. A pair of plaid pants with a solid colored top, or a floral shirt with a pair of jeans. Don’t crowd your outfit with patterns. Keep it sweet and simple.

Tights are not for everyone
As I’ve mentioned before, not all fashion trends work for everyone. Some people should stay away from certain trends. Trends like tights for example. You know they stick to your skin and show off your legs, so if you don’t have shapely legs, don’t wear them please. I know they’re in, but if they make you look bad, avoid them I see so many women wearing tights with over-sized shirts, it absolutely amazes me. But try to avoid this very common mistake for your own good.

Panty lines
Need I say more? If you’re going to wear thin, clingy, or even white pants, be aware of it and don’t walk out with embarrassing panty lines, but opt for a thong.

An orange tan
Let’s face it: you know that it’s orange; you just don’t want to admit it. Stay away from cheap self-tanners because they will bring you nothing but trouble. Instead, shell out some money for a better product such as Estee Lauder sunless and make sure you always exfoliate before applying self-tanner.

Sneakers with everything
Sure, we all want to be comfortable in our shoes, but it’s not vise to always wear sneakers with everything from skirts, to jeans, to capris. A lot of people like to wear sneakers with a jean skirt, and that’s completely fine, as long as you don’t do it all the time. It’s a comfy, sporty look, but you can make it classy and sexy. Instead, wear a pair of wedges or high heels. Don’t always pair your jeans with sneakers: it’s boring, and it’s tasteless. Spice up your outfit with a pair of hot stilettos.

Don’t indulge
That means don’t over do sparkles, sequins, or any festive looking articles of clothing. While it’s fun to play with different colors, fabrics, and styles, keep it simple is very important. Wearing too much of a good thing can turn into a fashion disaster. If you’re going to wear a top that has sequins on it, keep it simple everywhere else and don’t embellish your outfit even more.

1 comment:

  1. SUGAR MUMMY SEARCHERS/FINDERS: Please be careful/note that my below testimony on how I get a Rich Sugar Mummy have been copied/Edicted by some scammers who also scammed me before I meet/call Mrs Sandra's number which is +23481-4055-3826 Is only Mrs Sandra you should call if you need a true Sugar mummy agent, try female agent Mrs. Sandra. male agents in this I have tried them all. Please if you need a suger mummy, read below on how I get my Suger mummy please dont fall for scam I beg you with Almighty Alleh!.

    Do you need Sugar Mummy/Daddy?, Call Mrs. Sandra now on (+23481-4055-3826) she is genuine she linked me up with a Rich Sugar Mummy. I never believed Sugar Mummy is real until I called Mrs. Sandra on +2348140553826 which I saw her number through a post by “MUSA SAMUEL”, who testified on how “Mrs. Sandra” Connected him to a Rich Sugar Mummy after him also have been scammed online by other people, all the name of Sugar Mummy, I picked her Phone No which is (+23481-4055-3826) on “MUSA SAMUEL’S” post/comment, I called her, I also told her how I have been scammed online before by other agents, she told me to trust her that in three(3) hours she will connect me up with a Suagr Mummy, the fact/true was I did not believe her at the first place, but I was just like let me try, I followed all her instructions carefully, within three(3) hours she trully connected/linked me up to a Rich Sugar Mummy, it was like a dream to me when I first meet with my Sugar Mummy who today is paying me just as Mrs. Sandra said she was going to be paying me, you cant believe this, as I am talking with you now am to meet with my Rich Sugar Mummy today for the seventh(7th) time and she has been taking good care of me. please help me thank “MUSA SAMUEL” who directed me to Mrs. Sandra through his posts/comments also help me thank a woman who keeps to her words, I call her OMINI TALK & DO, her name is Sandra, she is nice & genuine you can also call her now on (+23481-4055-3826) if you need a Sugar Mummy/Daddy she will link/connect you to a Rich Sugar Mummy/Daddy, Alleh she is really nice & genuine may Alleh bless you Mrs Sandra!!

    ReplyDelete